Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting Ready to Leave

I leave Friday morning for Grand Rapids. Then I will catch a flight from Grand Rapids (2:25 pm) to Chicago (2:20 pm Chicago time). From Chicago (4:45 pm Chicago time) I fly to Brussels (8:00 am Dutch time). Then we travel to Maastricht where we are staying. Settle in at the prison cells, ahem, dorms, then grocery shopping! As a fatty, I'm overly excited about seeing/eating Dutch groceries.

I mentioned my flight anxiety in my last post. Well, did you know a plane from the Netherlands crashed last week, killing all but a young child? YEP! Great for my nerves. But, as Mom said, what are the chances of that happening twice in one month? I'm taking some Jesus literature along just to make me feel better. Right now my literature selections are The Shack by William P. Young (courtesy of Annie Truesdell), Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins, Modoc by Ralph Helfer, and The Hand of Dinotopia by Alan Dean Foster. That's a lot of books, but with the potential for volcanic complications and long flights, delays are almost imminent and I am a power reader. I'm looking forward to reading on the plane and sitting outside in Europe, weather permitting.

Speaking of weather, yes, the Netherlands is just as cold and rainy as Michigan this week. At least I will feel at home in that respect! Thank God I have a leopard print raincoat and pink umbrella. Whew.

I'm attaching a few pictures of the places I will be staying. The first is Maastricht University and the other is of the town in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment